...continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith...

Thursday, January 13, 2011

resolutions for a new year

Happy New Year! It is 2011 and we have (a little less than) a full year ahead of us. I love the excitement of the new year- thinking about all that is ahead... feeling like you can start with a clean slate. And the new beginning- New Year's resolutions.

There are always resolutions to be made... I know I have made my fair share over the years. Every year since middle school I make the New Year's resolution that I will stop biting my nails once and for all. I have never ever succeeded with this. I resolve to work out more, eat better, love people better, do my job better, give more, serve God better, keep in touch with long distance friends more... the list goes on. This year I thought I would share a list of "resolutions" with you that come completely from scripture. Simple commands from our Lord- many of which I let slip through the cracks or just plain fail to do well. So, here is my list of resolutions. Maybe you will join me in this list...

In 2011 I want to...
-"pray continually." 1 Thessalonians 5:17

-"trust in the Lord with all my heart, and lean not on my own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

-Love others even when it is hard, and "lend to them without expecting to get anything back." Luke 6:35

-"Share with God's people who are in need. Practice Hospitality" Romans 12:13

-Care for orphans and widows. James 1:27

-"Let no corrupting talk come out of my mouth but only such... that it may give grace to those that hear." Ephesians 4:29

-"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another as God in Christ forgave me." Ephesians 4:32

-Honor everyone. 1 Peter 2:17

-Put on "a compassionate heart, kindness, humility, meekness and patience." Colossians 3:12

-Read the Bible more. "faith comes from hearing, hearing through the word of Christ." Romans 10:17

-Be cheerful whenever I give to others. 2 Corinthians 9:7

-"Give thanks in all circumstances." 1 Thessalonians 5:18


posted by: Tara

2 comments:

  1. I am going to print this off and keep it with me. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list of resolutions, I too, hope I can resolve to follow these!!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think!